An ancient Greek saying teach us that “if you want to be strong, run. If you want to be beautiful, run. If you want to be smart, run.”
What’s more, scientists have shown that running also vastly improves the quality of your emotional and mental life, and even helps you live longer.
- Your heart will be healthier and stronger if you run. The number of capillaries in your body as well as the number of red blood cells will be increased.
- A healthy heart pumps much larger amounts of blood cycle. All the tissues and organs in your body receive more blood, enriched with oxygen and nutrients.
- It’s relaxing. If you have a good sweat, you will get rid of all the nervous tension and fatigue you accumulated during the day.
- While running, your body realeases endorphins. These are called “happiness hormones”. When the concentration of endorphins in your blood increases, you experience a slight feeling of euphoria, and depression disappears.
- It is also good for your mentality. When you run, you relax your mind. Thanks to the oxygen, your brain often comes up with creative solutions to tricky problems seemingly all by itself.
- Ruuning regulary lowers blood cholesterol, reduces hunger and improves your intestinal motility. It can also have positive effect on your musculoskeletal system.
- In the morning, when your hormone levels are slightly higher than usual, a jog will act as a relief, and help return your body back to normal. You can also run in the evening, because it will help you relax, recharge, reduce feelings of hunger and, later, fall asleep like a baby.