1. Itching bug bites might the most irritating thing there is. But just mix a paste consisting of baking soda and water and apply it on the skin. Use some cold water to remove the paste after a short while. Voila! No more itching.
2. Sore or tired feet after a long walk? Mix 3-4 teaspoons of baking soda for every litre of water and enjoy a lovely foot bath.
3. But it’s not only to relax your feet that baking soda is pure magic. Sprinkle some in your shoes to avoid sweaty feets.
4. If you want to make your beans and peas softer just add some baking soda in the water when you’re boiling them. A teaspoon for every litre of water is enough.
5. Doesn’t your fridge smell as fresh as you would like it to? A plate of baking soda will help to absorb the bad smell.
6. Few things can compare to having a refreshing beverage on a hot summer day. Mix some sugar and lemon juice in some cold water and add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. The baking soda will turn the acid in the lemon into a carbonated drink.
7. This is the fastest way to cure heartburn. Stir down a teaspoon of baking soda in a glas of water and drink it.
8. In the bath: Add between 50 and 100 grams of baking soda in the water. It will make the water softer. But please note that you shouldn’t take these baths more than twice a week.
9. This is amazing. With some baking soda on a moist cotton swab you got yourself an effective and natural deadorant.
10. For anyone who suffers from bad breathe this is great trick. Just add a teaspoon of soda in some hot water and gargle.
11. But it´s not only humans who can enjoy the benefits of baking soda. By adding some baking soda to the wood chips in the cage you can avoind bad smell. This is completely safe for the animal.
12. To get rid of that stale smell inside your thermos: Mix a couple of teaspoons baking soda with hot water and pour it in the thermos.
13. Along with some vinegar baking soda makes an excellent way to clean your drains. Pour some baking soda in the drain, add some vinegar and let sit for a while. Then flush with a pot of boiling water.
14. To clean your silver jewelry: Put the silver in boiling water. Put some pieces of aluminum foil in the water along with a spoon of baking soda. Flush with some cold water and wipe it of with a rag.
15. For anyone who still doubts the awesomeness of baking soda: You can even use it to brush your teeth. It will neutralize the the acids. Amazing!
16. Your flowers are gonna thank you for learning this. Mix some baking soda with water and pour it on the plant. The result will amaze you.
17. Is your meat a bit on the rough side? Rub it with baking soda and let sit for some hours. Flush and it’s ready for the frying pan. You will be surprised when you see how tender the meat have gotten.
18. Put some baking soda in the dishmachine insead of dish soap. You won’t have anymore trouble with bad smells.
19. By just using baking soda you can clean your oven. Mix water, let sit and wipe off. Find more instructions here.
Isn’t this unbelievable? I wish everything in life was this easy!